Millers Point is the last easy access to the sea on the peninsula side. Millers Point is famous for numerous activities for example the two sandy coves, tidal pool, The Black Marlin restaurant, speed-boat launches, scuba diving, fishing competitions and a perfect pick-nick spot.
Millers Point was named after the owner Edmund Miller in 1825. Edmund Miller originally developed Miller Point into a whaling station, but the whaling operations were stopped in the 1850. The grounds remained unused apart from the occasional fishermen.
The land was sold to the Molteno family who used it as a family retreat and it was closed for the public. The land was donated to the city of conservation in 1961. It is now been integrated into the Table Mountain National Park.
More information can be seen on the wikitravel.org website.
Photos © wikitravel.org and © horizoncottages.co.za